Catalog vs "Classic" Catalog
What is the difference between the UB Catalog and the UB Classic Catalog?
The Catalog is a "Discovery" catalog, i.e., you only need to type relevant words in the search box, and the results will be displayed by relevance. Filters on the left side allow you to view subsets of your results. The Catalog will retrieve a broader array of results than the Classic Catalog, without having to formulate a complicated search query.
The Classic Catalog is more precise, showing search results that exactly match your search. You can create a boolean search using connectors and you can truncate search terms. It will retrieve results that exactly match your search. The Classic Catalog works well when searching for known items.
Get a Book UB Does not Own
SIGN UP FOR "Delivery+" (UB’s Inter-Library Loan Service) (formerly known as ILLIAD)
This service can also be used to have materials delivered from the Health Sciences Library (South Campus) and the Annex (off-campus storage).
Online catalogs to search for books (including e-books):
- Catalog (UB Libraries)
- Classic Catalog (UB Libraries)
- WorldCat... (search thousands of library collections simultaneously)
- WorldCat.org (free version)
- Other Online Catalogs from Western NY and around the world
- Google Book Search
- Google Book Search Advanced
See more information under the E-Books tab of the "Research Tools" guide.
Journal & Law Review Indexes
Search these legal periodical indexes to identify relevant articles. Be creative with your search terms. Try very general as well as specific searches.
Online Legal Periodical Indexes:
Index to Legal Periodicals and Books (journals 1981-present; books 2000 to present)
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP)[Table of Contents Service] on Westlaw* only (most recent 8 weeks)
- SSRN (Social Science Research Network)(2000s-present) Working papers, accepted papers.
---also see some other SSRN articles: