The Major Legal Databases
Journal & Law Review Indexes
Search these legal periodical indexes to identify relevant articles. Be creative with your search terms. Try very general as well as specific searches.
Online Legal Periodical Indexes:
Index to Legal Periodicals and Books (journals 1981-present; books 2000 to present)
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP)[Table of Contents Service] on Westlaw* only (most recent 8 weeks)
- SSRN (Social Science Research Network)(2000s-present) Working papers, accepted papers.
Megasearching for Articles
These resources search across all disciplines and multiple databases
- Articles+ (search over 100 databases at once!)
What databases are searched? Follow the links here to see.
- Academic Search Complete (multidisciplinary; full text articles)
- Google Scholar (links to full text of articles from certain UB databases. See directions for setting preferences here.
- EbscoHost Research Databases (search scores of commercial databases (many subjects) simultaneously).
Selected Treatises & Other Works - School Law
Selected Treatises & Other Works - Constitutional Law
Locate More Books
CALI lessons allow you to work through issues in Constitutional Law in an interactive format.
Here are a few Constitutional Law Lessons related to the First Amendment. A complete list of Constitutional Law Lessons is available at the CALI website. Please see a reference librarian in the UB Law Library if you need the registration code for CALI.