Last Updated: Jul 18, 2016
SBI Legal Services
This division of SBI provides free legal consultation and student advocacy, to all current UB students.
Please be aware that the Reference Librarians at the Charles B. Sears Law Library cannot conduct legal research or provide legal advice.
- Neighborhood Legal Services
(see website for Niagara Falls and Batavia office contact info.)
Neighborhood Legal Services
237 Main Street, 4th floor
Buffalo, New York 14203
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
Erie County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.
237 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14203
- Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled, and Disadvantaged
Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled or Disadvantaged of WNY
438 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Erie County Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Bar Association of Erie County
Erie County Lawyer Referral and Information Service
438 Main Street (Sixth Floor),
Buffalo New York 14202
- Court Help Center (8th Judicial District)
Email address: CHC8JD@nycourts.gov
8th District Court Help Center
Supreme Court Law Library (first floor)
77 W. Eagle Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
The 8th District Court Help Center provides free legal and procedural information to the public. The Court Help Center is neutral and cannot give legal advice or tell you the best way to handle your case.
Learn about your legal rights and find free or low-cost legal aid.
- Attorney Directory
Directory of law firms and attorneys.
One way to identify Buffalo Attorneys:
1. In the red box at the top of your screen, click on "Advanced Search" located under the search box.
2. A template will open (Advanced Search for Lawyers, Law Firms & Organizations).
3. in the PRACTICE AREAS box, type area of law you are interested in, and then click on one of the choices.
4. In the CITY box, type a location (e.g.,"Buffalo")
5. In the STATE box, choose " New York"
6. Click on the red Search button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Notice that you can further "narrow your results" using the selections on the left side of the page.
8. Examine the results. Click on the name of the attorney in the list to view more information.
- Organization Directory
2-1-1 WNY is your free and confidential link to health and human services.
One approach to use the website:
1. Click on the County of interest on the map (e.g., Erie)
2. On the right side of the page, under "Refine your Results," click on KEYWORD, and type word describing your topic of interest (e.g., law)(e.g., family)...
3. Click on "update results" at the bottom right.
4. Examine results.